- 8 ounces fusilli
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, sliced
- 1 cup peas (frozen work great, thaw before using)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until al dente, adding the asparagus for the last minute of cooking time.
- Place the peas in a colander, then drain the pasta and asparagus over the top of them (this will just heat the peas without overcooking them).
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Combine broth and cornstarch, add to pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, until broth starts to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add cream, juice, salt, and peppers.
- Stir to combine.
- Add pasta and vegetables to the sauce, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve immediately.