Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from a 2006 issue of BBC Good Food - you may wish to serve this with a dollop of tomato pasta sauce like I do. If you think it may be to cloying just reduce the amount of mascarpone cheese or serve ir as a side.
- 400 g fusilli
- 225 g Baby Spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 250 g mascarpone
- 1⁄2 large lemon, juice of
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- 60 g pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions.
- Place 1/2 spinach in food processor.
- Add garlic, mascarpone, lemon juice and parmesan.
- Whizz to a smooth sauce.
- Drain pasta and return to pot over low heat.
- Stir in sauce, pinenuts and remaining spinach.
- Cook till spinach has just wilted.
- season and serve with extra parmesan.
Delicious. The perfect side to oven-baked chicken parmesan. Easy to make, too. I may try a mix of spinach and fresh basil next time. Thanks for this keeper.
I made this for a elderly lady and her friend today and it was really tasty. I did add a whole lemon, a little more garlic and pasta water to thin in out as the other reviewer mentioned. I just like my sauce a little thinner. I seasoned with salt and fresh ground black pepper and for the ladies I cooked a large chicken breast and thin sliced it on top of the dish. Very nice, thx
This is really good. I did add a wee bit more garlic (just love the stuff) and a 1/2 cup of the pasta water, plus the juice of a whole lemon, which was a small one, to the sauce, as it seemed a tad thick. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)