Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the cookbook, 'Picnics' by Barbara Scott Goodman
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fusilli
- Combine the mozzarella, tomatoes, olives, garlic, basil, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain well and let cool slightly.
- Add the pasta to the mozzarella and tomato mix and toss well. Taste to adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Chill for several hours before serving.