Recipe by littleturtle
Easy and very delicious. Whipping cream enriches this herbed tomato sauce, and red pepper adds some zip to the meat. Enjoy it over your favorite pasta. Serve with a crisp salad and crusty bread.
- 12 ounces ground beef or 12 ounces ground turkey or 12 ounces ground chicken
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped (1/2 large onion)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) canspeeled Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces fusilli or 8 ounces rotini pasta or 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- fresh rosemary sprig, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, cook beef, red pepper flakes, and onion until the meat is browned and onions soften.
- Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms soften (5 minutes).
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, cheese, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated (about 40 minutes).
- Cook pasta according to package directions (15 minutes).
- Drain and keep warm.
- Gradually stir the whipping cream into the sauce.
- Arrange the pasta on plates or on a serving platter.
- Spoon sauce over pasta.
- If desired, garnish with rosemary.