Easy and very delicious. Whipping cream enriches this herbed tomato sauce, and red pepper adds some zip to the meat. Enjoy it over your favorite pasta. Serve with a crisp salad and crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces ground beef or 12 ounces ground turkey or 12 ounces ground chicken
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped (1/2 large onion)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans peeled Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces fusilli or 8 ounces rotini pasta or 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- fresh rosemary sprig, to garnish (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan, over medium heat, cook beef, red pepper flakes, and onion until the meat is browned and onions soften.
- 2Add garlic and mushrooms, and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms soften (5 minutes).
- 3Drain off fat.
- 4Stir in undrained tomatoes, cheese, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to low, and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated (about 40 minutes).
- 7Cook pasta according to package directions (15 minutes).
- 8Drain and keep warm.
- 9Gradually stir the whipping cream into the sauce.
- 10Arrange the pasta on plates or on a serving platter.
- 11Spoon sauce over pasta.
- 12If desired, garnish with rosemary.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fusilli With Creamy Tomato, Garlic, and Meat Sauce (Or Rotini)
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.6
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.7 mg
- Sodium 703.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning