Recipe by Vicki in CT
Creamy sauce that can be used on a variety of pastas. From the Joy of Pasta by Joe Famularo and Louise Imperiale.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 lb gorgonzola
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup tomato puree (not paste)
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- 12 basil leaves, julienned
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded and cubed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan combine butter and gorgonzola and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add half and half, tomato puree, tomato, walnuts. Keep over low heat.
- Meanwhile cook fusilli unti al dente. Drain and return to pot that it was cooked inches Add parmesan, cheese sauce, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.