1/2 Photos of Fusilli With Creamed Leek and Spinach
One of the "Best Food and Wine Pasta Dishes" of 2009. States, "This delicious pasta was the fastest adnd simplest to prepare of all the winners." Feel free to top it off with some parmesean cheese and/or some lemon zest!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the fusilli until al dente (as per the instructions on the box), then drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the leek and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the cream and simmer over moderate heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 5Add the cooked fusilli to the skillet and toss over moderately low heat until coated with the leek sauce, about 1 minute.
- 6Remove from the heat, add the chopped basil and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Spoon the fusilli into bowls and serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fusilli With Creamed Leek and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.6
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 55.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 13.8 g