Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb fusilli
- 3 1⁄2-4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, cut into small pieces (such as Montrachet)
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaf
- Blanch tomatoes in pot in boiling water for 20 seconds. Drain. Peel tomatoes. Cut tomatoes in half; squeeze out seeds.
- Chop tomatoes; place in large bowl. Mix in oil, vinegar and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta.
- Add pasta, goat cheese and basil to tomato mixture. Toss until mixture is well blended and cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.