Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Corkscrew pasta tossed with a rich blue cheese sauce with green peas and toasted walnuts. Another "I have to make this recipe" for my cookbook. Attributed to "Good Housekeeping 100 Best Pasta recipes".
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) package fusilli
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half or 2⁄3 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese, for garnish
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until fragrant.
- Cook fusilli in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- In the meantime, place half-in-half, water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add 3/4 cup blue cheese and stir until heated through.
- Place peas in a colander and drain cooked fusili over the peas.
- Place pasta mixture in a large bowl, add cheese sauce and walnuts and toss.
- Sprinkle with remaining blue cheese and serve.