Recipe by katew
A quick and easy meal best prepared as required.Cooking time given does not include the cooking of the pasta.You could add more cream or sub it with stock or a tomato based pasta sauce.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This is a nice side dish to have when you BBQ; it is your pasta and veggie in one! Very tasty and creamy. I mixed about 1/4 cup of shredded parmesean cheese in with the cream and then sprinkled a little on top as well. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag.
- 500 g fusilli
- 4 slices bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cream, I use lite cream
- cheese, your choice, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until al dente. Cover and set aside.
- Cook bacon, onion and garlic in frypan. Cook until bacon is crispy.
- Stir in cream, peas and parsley. Simmer uncovered for 4 minutes.
- Add cream mixture to pasta. Stir over heat till combined and warmed through. Season to taste.