Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy meal best prepared as required.Cooking time given does not include the cooking of the pasta.You could add more cream or sub it with stock or a tomato based pasta sauce.
- 500 g fusilli
- 4 slices bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cream, I use lite cream
- cheese, your choice, to serve
- Cook pasta until al dente. Cover and set aside.
- Cook bacon, onion and garlic in frypan. Cook until bacon is crispy.
- Stir in cream, peas and parsley. Simmer uncovered for 4 minutes.
- Add cream mixture to pasta. Stir over heat till combined and warmed through. Season to taste.
This is a nice side dish to have when you BBQ; it is your pasta and veggie in one! Very tasty and creamy. I mixed about 1/4 cup of shredded parmesean cheese in with the cream and then sprinkled a little on top as well. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag.
Very good! This pasta is screaming for cheese! So I answered the call and added a bunch of grated romano cheese and it was fab. Thanks katew! Made for Holiday tag.
Great pasta lunch for me today!! I made it for 1 serving and had to agree with the others, it screams for cheese, lol!!! After tasting it without the cheese, I went ahead and added about 1/4 cup of parmesan shredded cheese. I want a big fan of peas, so I left that out, but otherwise made as directed. It made a pan of pasta that would feed 3 at my house which is good as I now have leftovers for lunches!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Holiday Tag!!