Recipe by Super San Mateo Chefs
Delightful pasta dish with a fabulous sauce. Serve with garlic bread if desired.
Top Review by Proud2beMrsD
Quite tasty. I hadn't been grocery shopping so I had to substitute whole grain elbows for fusilli, dried parsley for fresh, and butter+milk for heavy cream. Still, it was very good. My husband had seconds, and we have plenty for leftovers. A+
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb hot ground sausage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 0.5 (12 1/2 ounce) jar tomato sauce, any flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until onions are soften.
- Add ground sausage. Separate the sausage and cook until browned, approximately 7 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes, mariana sauce, chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer on low for approximately 20 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain pasta.
- Add heavy cream, italian seasoning, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 2 minutes to blend.
- Toss pasta into sauce. Serve in bowls and top with parmesan cheese.