1/1 Photo of Fusilli Pasta With Ground Sausage Bolognese Sauce
Super San Mateo Chefs's Note:
Delightful pasta dish with a fabulous sauce. Serve with garlic bread if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb hot ground sausage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 0.5 (12 1/2 ounce) jar tomato sauce, any flavoring
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- 2Add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until onions are soften.
- 3Add ground sausage. Separate the sausage and cook until browned, approximately 7 minutes.
- 4Add canned tomatoes, mariana sauce, chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer on low for approximately 20 minutes.
- 5While sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain pasta.
- 6Add heavy cream, italian seasoning, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 2 minutes to blend.
- 7Toss pasta into sauce. Serve in bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fusilli Pasta With Ground Sausage Bolognese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 990.8
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 122.8 mg
- Sodium 1415.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: