Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This really looks good and tastes the same way.. The balsamic vinegar gives it that lovely tang
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 vidalia onions or 1 walla walla onions or 1 other sweet onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb fusilli, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 20 black olives, pitted & chopped
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Cook the onion first and then add the other ingredients so they are cooked but still crisp.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a skillet (except the pasta) heat to hot.
- Mix with the cooked pasta, GOOD GOOD.
We enjoyed this so much. The kids don't care for olives, and I happened to have some tenderloin tips in the freezer, so I made a major substitution, and made it a main meal. I also added a sprinkling of red pepper flakes for some heat. Boy was it yummy. Thanks so much for sharing this winner, Bergy.