1 hr 15 mins
Tee Lee's Note:
From "Best-Ever Pasta" Cookbook. This one-dish meal is delicious, combining oven-roasted tomatoes, broccoli, onions, garlic, chicken and lemon. With flavors like that, who can resist?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs plum tomatoes, quartered
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb fusilli (or other small pasta)
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place the plum tomatoes in a baking dish, covering with 1 tablespoon oil, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the tomatoes are just browned (DO NOT STIR).
- 4Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until just tender, about five minutes.
- 5Drain and set aside.
- 6Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 7Add the onion, thyme, chicken and season with salt.
- 8Cook about 5-7 minutes, until the meat is cooked and beginning to brown, stirring often.
- 9Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
- 10Remove from the heat, stir in lemon juice and season with pepper.
- 11Set aside and keep warm.
- 12Cook the fusilli accoring to the directions on the package.
- 13Drain and place in a large bowl.
- 14Toss the pasta with the remaining oil.
- 15Stir the broccoli and chicken mixture into the pasta.
- 16Add the tomatoes and stir gently to blend.
- 17Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fusilli Chicken With Oven-Roasted Tomatoes and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.8
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 464.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 43.6 g