Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "Best-Ever Pasta" Cookbook. This one-dish meal is delicious, combining oven-roasted tomatoes, broccoli, onions, garlic, chicken and lemon. With flavors like that, who can resist?
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plum tomatoes, quartered
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb fusilli (or other small pasta)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the plum tomatoes in a baking dish, covering with 1 tablespoon oil, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the tomatoes are just browned (DO NOT STIR).
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cook until just tender, about five minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, thyme, chicken and season with salt.
- Cook about 5-7 minutes, until the meat is cooked and beginning to brown, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat, stir in lemon juice and season with pepper.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Cook the fusilli accoring to the directions on the package.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Toss the pasta with the remaining oil.
- Stir the broccoli and chicken mixture into the pasta.
- Add the tomatoes and stir gently to blend.
- Serve immediately.
This is a very good recipe. Dh and guests enjoyed this dinner (DH picked out the broccoli). I thought the lemon juice set off the entire dish to good advantage. The flavors and textures work together very well and this one recipe is a full meal, whats not to like? Parm cheese was passed in a side bowl for each to add as they chose.