Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old recipe that my mum used to cook when we were younger. A quick and easy twist on Mac'n'cheese. You could make it lighter by using all low-fat products.
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup, I use low fat
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 473.18 ml light cheddar cheese, grated
- 473.18 ml rotini noodles (I use fucilli noodles)
- 236.59 ml frozen vegetables
- 0.59 ml black pepper, ground, to taste
- Oven at 350°F.
- Cook noodles as per package directions.
- Sautee onions in butter till softened.
- Divide cheese into 2 amounts, 1 1/2 cups and 1/2 cup.
- Mix all ingredients in a casserole dish, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Top with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Used cream of celery soup for this recipe & well as rotini pasta & mix of slightly steamed fresh veggies (peas, corn, carrots), then followed the recipe! A very tasty comfort food in my book! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]