Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this in a magazine.Cut out most of the oil it called for as it really didn't need that much. Great main entree. Or a great side dish with chicken or seafood.
- 16 ounces fusilli (I like the long kind broken in half)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut in flowerets
- grated cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium skillet, saute garlic& red pepper in oil about 5 mimutes, until garlic is lightly browned.
- add broth keep warm.
- Add broccoli to pasta water the last 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pasta& broccoli.
- Return to pot.
- Pour garlic mixture over pasta.
- Toss to coat well.
- Place in serving bowls.
- Dust with cheese if desired.
- Serve 8.
A wonderful side dish with a good bite to it, we loved it and i will be making it again. Good bonus too, low fat, sodium and sugar!! I just made two servings and garnished it with Parmesan cheese flakes and added more red pepper flakes than called for cus we love a little heat. Thanks for sharing a real "loaded with flavour" keeper!!