Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
Yummy. I love pasta and shrimp, and I love them more when you put them together, so this dish is a favorite! Diabetic Exchange: 2 very lean protein
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh plum tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped or 1 (28 ounce) can low-sodium italian tomatoes, drained well and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 12 ounces fusilli
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a sauté pan with cooking spray.
- Sauté the shrimp until they turn pink, about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Set aside.
- Spray a large skillet and add the garlic.
- Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and increase the heat.
- Simmer until the wine has reduced to 3 tablespoons, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the wine along with the lemon juice.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chives and parsley and remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain well.
- Place the fusilli in the pan with the sauce.
- Add the shrimp and reheat.
- Divide among 6 pasta dishes and serve.