Recipe by mollypaul
For fans of cafeteria cuisine courtesy of the Fort Worth Star Telegram. If you concerned about using raw eggs, please use imitation eggs such as eggbeaters. Cook time is chilling time.
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 lb margarine (if using margarine, NOT tub or spread product) or 1⁄4 lb butter, softened (if using margarine, NOT tub or spread product)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream 2 cups powdered sugar and butter with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, salt and vanilla.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread mixture evenly into baked pie crusts.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Blend in powdered sugar; fold in pineapple and pecans.
- Spread mixture on top of filling and chill thoroughly.