Recipe by KerryBnTX
This should closely resemble the Mexican Corn Bread we enjoyed so much @ Furr's Cafeteria.
Top Review by creigm
Everytime I go home to visit New Mexico I stop at Furrs to get the jalapeno corn bread. This is not even close. I should have realized it when it did not have how many eggs in the ingredient list, but how to mix in the instructions. It did not come out well at all, a little to heavy, not enough salt and just not close to the buttery cornbread with a kick at Furrs.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 -3 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly with wire.
- whisk. Add corn, sour cream, peppers, cheese, cornmeal and soda. Mix all.
- Add three tablespoons butter. In a nine-by-nine-inch pan or.
- 10-inch cast iron skillet, melt three tablespoons butter.
- While pan is still hot, add batter and bake for.
- 20 to 25 minutes.