Recipe by Starman5
This is a copycat recipe of Furr's Cafeteria Chocolate Bliss Pie. This pie is a Furr's Cafeteria Butter Chess Pie with a dark chocolate topping.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs or 3 medium eggs or 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked plain pie crusts or 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust or 1 (9 inch) Oreo cookie pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and flour in a large bowl; add eggs and buttermilk, blend with a mixer. Blend in butter and vanilla extract, and pour into unbaked pastry shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until set.
- Check for doneness after the minimum baking time by gently shaking the pie. The center should be set with a slight jiggle.n Do not overcook, or the pie will have the consistency of an omelet instead of a custard.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate, pour over the pie and spread evenly. Cool in freezer for about 45 minutes to set chocolate.
- Instead of buttermilk, you can use cow, soy almond, or coconut milk and two tablespoons buttermilk powder.