Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Although this dish is listed as Japanese it is really a fusion of east meets west. Furikake is flakes of dried seaweed mixed with other ingredients and comes in many flavors from fish to plum. Traditionally Furikake is sprinkled on rice, but this recipe offers a different way to enjoy it. The type used in this recipe is called Nori Goma Furikake or Aji Nori Furikake (seasoned seaweed and sesame seed mix). Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- Spray a baking pan with Pam or oil lightly, and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the onions, mushrooms, mayonnaise and wasabi together.
- Place the salmon in the baking dish and spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the salmon.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the Furikake, more or less to your liking.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.