Recipe by Chilicat
This is a local favorite in Hawaii. It's a sweet-salty, crispy cereal mix with a real Japanese flair.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄8 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) boxes Crispix cereal
- 1 (2 ounce) bottle nori, goma furikake
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Heat butter, corn syrup, sugar, soy sauce and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved and mixture is well blended.
- Pour syrup mixture over cereal and mix well. Sprinkle furikake over cereal and mix until evenly coated.
- Spread in a shallow roasting pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.