Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a local favorite in Hawaii. It's a sweet-salty, crispy cereal mix with a real Japanese flair.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Heat butter, corn syrup, sugar, soy sauce and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved and mixture is well blended.
- Pour syrup mixture over cereal and mix well. Sprinkle furikake over cereal and mix until evenly coated.
- Spread in a shallow roasting pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.
I used a ginger nori rice seasoning and added extra ginger and used a little less cereal(rice chex- friend's alergic to most grains) to have more coating. We loved it!