Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I use 3 cups Rice Chex and 3 cups Corn Chex, but will submit as posted on Foodjimoto.com. It is ADDICTIVE! Please make sure you do not take it out of the oven too soon, it will be sticky and not crunchy. 1/5/12 here is a description of Furikake as suggested by Foodtvfan:" Furikake seasoning is like the salt and pepper of Japan. It is a table condiment made of roasted tan and black sesame seed, green nori flakes and pickle red shiso(beefsteak) leaves". Thanks Foodtvfan. In addition to this flavor, Furikake comes in multiple different flavors.
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 (8 ounce) bagbag Bugles original flavor snacks
- 1 (8 ounce) bag pretzel goldfish crackers
- 1 (8 ounce) bagtrader joe's macarona almonds
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup Karo syrup, I use light
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 2⁄3 ounces Nori Komi Furikake
- Cook butter, karo syrup, sugar and oil over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Add soy sauce and worcestershire sauce, stir until combined.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all remaining ingredients in large roasting pan.
- Pour sauce over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Place into oven and stir every 10-15 minutes.
- After first stirring, mix in the bottle of Furikake.
- Mix well to evenly distribute the Furikake and sauce.
- Stir every 15 minutes.
- Bake for 1-2 hours, depending on humidity.
- You can tell when the mix is done-when it is dry and the sauce has been evaporated and it is no longer sticky.