Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was an accident. I still don't know how much flour to put in my Midnight Biscuits, but it's not 4oz. These turn out to be tiny little cakey bite-sized things. My only batch so far were cinnamon flavoured (they were supposed to be biscuits once upon a time) but I suspect that using cocoa powder and possibly even dipping in some melted chocolate could be a good thing. Kneading the dough may not be necessary if you use a food-mixer - I wasn't and I was still treating the dough as though it would make me some biscuits
- 4 ounces self-raising flour
- 2 ounces margarine
- 2 ounces caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Cream margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Sift the flour and cocoa. Add to the rest of the mixture and mix well.
- Add the egg, mixing well until a dough is formed.
- Knead the mixture with plenty of flour until it is smooth (which shouldn't take very long).
- Shape into little rounds by rolling about 1tsp of the dough in your hands and flattening slightly.
- Sprinkle with a bit of sugar if they're not to be coated with chocolate.
- Bake for around 10 mins at 180C, gm4, 350°F.