Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Eat my face, big guy! These fun and funny gelatin faces are as cool to make as they are to devour. All you need is a few small paper plates, clean hands, and lots of wacky imagination. You can vary the flavor and look by using different colors of gelatin and a variety of canned fruit. It’s unbelievable how much healthy fruit picky eaters can pack away while they’re preoccupied by playing with their food.
- 1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail in juice, drained, reserved juice
- 1 (6 ounce) boxorange or any flavor jell-o gelatin
- Add enough water to the drained juice to equal 1 1/4 cups, and bring to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and immediately stir in JELL-O gelatin until completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Line 4 six-inch paper plates with plastic wrap. Pour 1/4 cup of the prepared gelatin onto each plate and put in the freezer in a level place for 5 minutes (no longer) until firm.
- Arrange fruit pieces on each plate in the form of a face. Spoon the remaining gelatin over the fruit and place in a refrigerator in a level place until firm, at least 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- To serve; invert, remove plate and plastic wrap and invert back onto plate.