Use your own favorite pancake batter - this is a technique for making fun faces and designs with your pancakes. Sure to get smiles from the kids! (I've included the basic Bisquick pancake recipe - I don't really know how much it makes!)
- Mix all together until smooth (some lumps will remain, don't over mix).
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot, lightly greased griddle or frying pan; Turn when bubbles appear (a minute or two) and cook for another minute.
- The Funny Face Technique:.
- Drizzle a small amount of batter from a teaspoon onto the hot griddle or frying pan to make funny eyes, nose and mouth - or any design you'd like (hearts? the alphabet?; When they puff up, pour about 1/4 cup batter over them -right on top, covering your design. Turn when bubbles appear and cook for another minute or so.
- When you flip them back over you'll see your design (like freckles on a face)!
These were fun to make but very difficult for me. I am not artistic and I could only get the basic 2 eyes and a mouth. My kids say I need to practice and I will get better.