Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The funny thing is; the topping you mix and pour as the topping, actually ends up at the bottom of the pie as a crust. A recipe from my Nana. She stresses you have to use a "deep dish pie plate" as well as bake on the bottom rack of the stove.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix the first 8 ingredients, pour into a deep dish pie plate; must be"deep dished".
- Mix the 4 ingredients for the topping; pour over top of the mixture in pie dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 35 to 45 minutes on bottom rack of oven.
- *Thetopping should now be the at the bottom of the dish.
This is a nice cake, simple and very quick .. Made it exactly as stated, and had it with dinner .. Make sure the chocolate is completely melted, otherwise you will end up with some of it on top of the cake with the rest on the bottom! although it did look nice .. thank you