Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I thought these looked so cute and so easy to make, I had to post. Adapted from Family Fun magazine, Oct. 2011. Fun for any time of year. Do not give these to your dogs, they may not eat chocolate.
- 99.22 g packagewhite meltable candy wafers (or use white chocolate chips)
- 36 pretzel sticks (and then pretzel rods of various lengths for different size bones)
- 72 mini marshmallows (about 1 cup)
- Follow the instructions on the candy wafers packgage, or if using white chocolate, heat in a double boiler till just melted, stirring constantly. Turn heat down to lowest setting(I turn off, but if starts to harden up, just turn back on low to heat again, whisking). I just use a smaller saucepan placed in a larger one with water in it(don't let it be high enough to touch the top pan), that is brought to a boil, then lowered to simmer.
- For each bone, press marshmallows into both sides of the pretzel stick or rod, with the marshmallow's flat sides parallel to the pretzel.
- Dip each pretzel into the melted candy(or white chocolate) to coat completely.
- Lift it out with a fork, letting the excess drip back into the bowl.
- Place the bone onto waxed paper placed on a flat cookie sheet. Let sit at room temperature to set.