I thought these looked so cute and so easy to make, I had to post. Adapted from Family Fun magazine, Oct. 2011. Fun for any time of year. Do not give these to your dogs, they may not eat chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.5 (7 ounce) package white meltable candy wafers (or use white chocolate chips)
- 36 pretzel sticks (and then pretzel rods of various lengths for different size bones)
- 72 mini marshmallows (about 1 cup)
- 1Follow the instructions on the candy wafers packgage, or if using white chocolate, heat in a double boiler till just melted, stirring constantly. Turn heat down to lowest setting(I turn off, but if starts to harden up, just turn back on low to heat again, whisking). I just use a smaller saucepan placed in a larger one with water in it(don't let it be high enough to touch the top pan), that is brought to a boil, then lowered to simmer.
- 2For each bone, press marshmallows into both sides of the pretzel stick or rod, with the marshmallow's flat sides parallel to the pretzel.
- 3Dip each pretzel into the melted candy(or white chocolate) to coat completely.
- 4Lift it out with a fork, letting the excess drip back into the bowl.
- 5Place the bone onto waxed paper placed on a flat cookie sheet. Let sit at room temperature to set.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Funny Bones for the Family
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: