Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This was adapted from Sandra Lee
- 3 cups baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup liquid coffee creamer, vanilla
- vegetable oil, for frying
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking mix, eggs, milk and coffee creamer. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a deep-fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel with your finger. Ladle 1/2 cup of batter into funnel. Holding funnel over oil, slowly release finger and move in a spiral motion, then cross over to create criss-cross pattern. Fry golden on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Alternate method: Instead of using a funnel, try squeezing batter out of a plastic ketchup bottle. This can help you make the design more accurate and is also less messy.