- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooking oil
- to taste powdered sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl combine eggs and milk.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture; beat smooth.
- In deep skillet heat oil to 360 degrees.
- Covering spout with finger, pour 1/4 cup batter into funnel.
- Remove finger and release batter into oil in a spiral, starting in center and winding out. Fry until golden about 3 minutes.
- Turn carefully, cook 1 minute more. Drain on paper towel, dust with powdered sugar.