Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 mins
These are much simpler to make than doughnuts, but tastes just as good.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- oil, for deep-fat frying
- confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Add the milk,water,and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine the flour,sugar,baking powder,and salt.
- Beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger.
- Ladle 1/2 cup of batter into the funnel.
- Holding the funnel several inches above the skillet.
- Release your finger and move the funnel in a spiral motion until all the batter is released (scraping with a rubber spatula if needed).
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.