I found this recipe in my mom's recipe box. She loved fixing funnel cakes for her grandsons when we would come to visit. Remembering my mom serving funnel cakes to my boys is a very fond memory.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dry ingredients; set aside.
- 2Beat eggs with milk, gradually beat in dry ingredients until well combined.
- 3Heat shortening (or oil) to 375 degrees.
- 4Holding finger over hole in funnel, fill funnel with batter.
- 5Drop batter from funnel into hot oil and cook until lightly golden brown, turn and cook reverse side until golden.
- 6Move to platter w/paper towel, dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Funnel Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 213.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 7.7 g