Recipe by Mimi in Maine
I made these for my kids years ago and now they serve them at the fair. They are fun and kids love to see them being cooked. This recipe makes fewer than most, but you won't have a lot of batter to get rid of either.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the egg and milk together; add to the flour mixture.
- Putting your finger at the end of a funnel, fill it with the batter.
- Remove your finger from the hole and swirl it around into hot oil in a frying pan.
- Turn once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sift with confectioners sugar and enjoy.