Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
Looking for something different to give as a "Gift in a Jar"? Why not Funnel Cake Mix? This is from "Gifts in a Jar For Kids" cookbook. Don't forget to attach a gift tag with the mixing and frying directions. (I would never allow a child to deep fry, but mixing the mix and sprinkling powdered sugar is fun!)
FUNNEL CAKE MIX
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (yes 3T plus 1t)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
FOR EVERY 4 FUNNEL CAKES
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- FUNNEL CAKE MIX:.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir until the mixture is well blended.
- Place mix in a wide- mouth 1 quart canning jar.
- Attach a gift tag with the mixing and frying directions.
- MIXING AND FRYING DIRECTIONS:.
- Pour vegetable oil into a skillet to a depth of 1 inch.
- Heat oil to 360°F over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and milk.
- Add 1 cup Funnel cake mix and beat with fork until smooth.
- Holding finger under funnel opening, pour about 1/4 cup batter into funnel.
- Allow batter to pour from funnel into hot oil, moving funnel in a circle to form a spiral shape.
- Fry 1 minute, turn cake over and continue frying until golden brown.
- Remove from heat to paper towel to drain.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I made this and gave it to my sister she was looking for funnel cake mix all over she loved it and now she can stop searching and make her own
My daughter made this and entered it into the county fair and won first place and best of class ribbons! What a good recipe to enter into a fair!! It was very easy to mix up. Thanks for posting!!