1/1 Photo of Funnel Cake Mix (gifts in a Jar)
Looking for something different to give as a "Gift in a Jar"? Why not Funnel Cake Mix? This is from "Gifts in a Jar For Kids" cookbook. Don't forget to attach a gift tag with the mixing and frying directions. (I would never allow a child to deep fry, but mixing the mix and sprinkling powdered sugar is fun!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FUNNEL CAKE MIX
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (yes 3T plus 1t)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
FOR EVERY 4 FUNNEL CAKES
- 1FUNNEL CAKE MIX:.
- 2In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir until the mixture is well blended.
- 3Place mix in a wide- mouth 1 quart canning jar.
- 4Attach a gift tag with the mixing and frying directions.
- 5MIXING AND FRYING DIRECTIONS:.
- 6Pour vegetable oil into a skillet to a depth of 1 inch.
- 7Heat oil to 360°F over medium high heat.
- 8In a small bowl, combine egg and milk.
- 9Add 1 cup Funnel cake mix and beat with fork until smooth.
- 10Holding finger under funnel opening, pour about 1/4 cup batter into funnel.
- 11Allow batter to pour from funnel into hot oil, moving funnel in a circle to form a spiral shape.
- 12Fry 1 minute, turn cake over and continue frying until golden brown.
- 13Remove from heat to paper towel to drain.
- 14Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Funnel Cake Mix (gifts in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (790 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.8
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 382.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g