Recipe by car418
We love this recipe. Got it from www.allrecipes.com We modified it to use at a fundraiser so you wouldnt have to use milk that might spoil. And Dry eggs also. 33 cups vegetable oil for frying 2 cups and 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 1⁄3 cup powdered egg
- 5 2⁄3 cups water
- 3 cups dry milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 11 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 33 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, salt, sugar, egg, and baking powder. Add dry milk. Add water and beat with mixer until nice and smooth.
- Pour oil into a heavy pan until it is 1 inch deep. Heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- If using a heavy deep fryer that is made for multiple cakes keep heat at 400 degrees.
- Pour batter through funnel into oil with a circular motion to form a spiral. Fry until lightly brown; turn over to brown the other side. Cook to golden brown, and remove to drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar while still warm.