Prep 8 mins
Cook 7 mins
Something I threw together to go with a marinated pork roast. The family inhaled it and DH took the rest to work the next day, so I guess it is a hit! ;) I have been told it is one to continue to make for them! Great for a quick work night meal!! ** I have made it with and without the white wine depending on if I have it on hand and they like it both ways!
- 6 ounces linguine
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive spread, Olivada Taste of Tuscany (Lindsay brand) or 2 -3 tablespoons tapenade (other green olive type)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, Muir Glen brand preferred
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 cup asiago 3-cheese blend (romano,asagio,parm)
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Boil pasta in water with 2 tbsp garlic powder.
- In a large pan, combine all ingredients except cheese over medium-high heat and saute for 5 minutes or until completely warmed, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with main dish and salad. (Marinated pork loin worked great!).
- Enjoy! ;).
This WAS fast. And tasty too... just like the name. The recipe didn't specify what kind of olives, so I used green olive spread. And I loved it. The smokiness of the fire-roasted tomatoes came through. I think for a change, a red wine would be good too. This was quite different and would make an interesting side dish for a company meal. Thanks MD.
Delicious and flavorful. Everything went together smoothly. I used a kalamata olive tapenade and whole wheat linguine. This was very good, we served it with chicken.
This made a tasty and quick side dish for us. I made it to go with chicken and it was a great combination. I will make this again. Made for ZWT3 2007.