Recipe by mary winecoff
This pie won the best of show in the 2007 National Pie Championships. It comes together very fast using vanilla wafers, cool whip and vanilla soy milk.
- 1 (11 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 5 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 4 medium bananas
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a Ziploc bag, add the vanilla wafers and crush until there are tiny pieces.
- Place them into a medium sized bowl.
- Melt the butter flavored Crisco.
- Add the Crisco to the crushed vanilla wafer and mix together.
- Firmly press the vanilla wafers into the bottom and sides of a large pie plate.
- Place into oven for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Cut the bananas in half lengthwise then lengthwise again (quartering).
- When the crust has cooled place the bananas on crust.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl place 4 chocolate squares and the cup of peanut butter in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour over bananas in crust.
- Set aside.
- Pour 2 cups milk in a bowl and add the vanilla pudding.
- Mix well and then add 1 cup of the cool whip.
- Fold it in so it stays fluffy.
- Pour on top of chocolate.
- Place the rest of the cool whip of top.
- Grate one chocolate square over the top.
- Chop the peanuts and place on top of pie.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.