Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs 30 mins
Actually, I just call it "butt cake." That's just because it comes out of a bundt pan and I can't help myself. But really, this is a super easy recipe and great to serve to guests if you want to give them the impression you care. It works. That's how I came by it. I was visting a friend and I woke up to find breakfast waiting for me. "She loves me!"
- The night before, spray the bundt pan with Pam (the floured, baking variety).
- Spread 15 frozen rolls around the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the packet of butterscotch pudding over top.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over.
- Drizzle the melted butter over everything, saturating as much sugar/powder as possible.
- Cover with towel and let rise over night.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool a bit and invert on a nice serving dish with some kind of lip (the butter will run).
- Serve with fresh melon and orange juice.
This was a gooey disaster. The pudding made it so soggy. there was nothing I could do with it but toss it. Won't make it again.
This is awesome!! I found my recipe for this on Paula Dean. Wonderful for a great breakfast, brunch or just plain anytime. I also did as Mitzi with a drizzle of cream cheese frosting. I have also prepared in the morning for a later enjoyment