Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
A cake/muffins recipe you can use with your fruit juicer pulp. All types, too. I find most places talk about only using one or two types of pulp. I have a mixture of all types. I pulled information from a bunch of other cake/muffin recipes, so, props to everyone on RecipeZaar! I'm sure someone could alter it for muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups fruit, pulp (more or less is fine, I think)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup favorite nuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix sugar, vanilla, pulp and eggs.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Slowly blend the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in any optional goodies.
- Pour everything into a greased and floured pan (9x9x3).
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
I followed the instructions to the last letter - and the resulting cake was moist but very chewy and solid. I think the addition of butter and milk to this recipe may lighten it up - but it was an arduous mouthful. Not recommended. Needs revision. But love the fact it calls for pulp.
Just wanted to say that I am trying this recipe and will let you know how it works out.