1/26 Photos of Funky Chicken With Sesame Noodles
3 hrs 30 mins
This has to be one of the most amazing chicken dishes I have ever made or eaten. It's really scary to watch people just attack this dish and practically inhale it in one breath. Brush up on your Heimlich Maneuver, people do get a little over-enthusiastic over this. Prep time includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spaghettini (get the thinnest spaghetti you can find)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil (some reviewers have said that 1/2 cup of oil is too much and have halved the amount, so use your own)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (or more)
- 1First make the sesame noodles: Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- 2Drain (I also rinse).
- 3In a jar, add the soy sauce, sesame oil and the sugar.
- 4Shake until well blended and the sugar has dissolved.
- 5Pour this over the pasta.
- 6Toss with scallions and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- 7Set aside while you marinate and then cook the chicken.
- 8Funkying the chicken: In a bowl mix the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic, brown sugar and the ginger.
- 9Make sure the sugar has pretty much dissolved.
- 10Add the chicken, making sure it's all coated with the sauce.
- 11Cover and stick in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- 12Remove the chicken from the marinade, and toss out the marinade left at the bottom of the bowl.
- 13Heat the sesame oil in a large non-stick pan.
- 14Add the chicken in batches and saute for about 10 minutes, or until done, adding more sesame oil as needed.
- 15Remove the chicken from the pan and let cool slightly.
- 16Slice the chicken diagonally into thin strips.
- 17Serve the chicken over the sesame noodles.
- 18Stand back and watch your guests/children/loved ones inhale this dish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Funky Chicken With Sesame Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 900.8
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 3857.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 48.5 g