Recipe by Brisket in Roses
I just threw this together right now--yes, right now. I have next-to-nothing right now, so I just made it up and was actually surprised by the result. I just heated up some frozen veggies, and made some plain white fluffy rice to eat with this. Voila! Dinner is ready! I am listing what I used, but if you prefer other cuts of chicken or want to adjust the seasonings to your taste, please feel free to do so.
Top Review by mailbelle
This was pretty good. Tastes similar to chicken I've had in a Chinese restaurant. I used all chicken thighs. I also reduced the amount of black pepper because I was a little leery of adding so much pepper (1 1/2 tablespoons). Enjoyed it---thanks for posting!
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a baking dish, place all the ingredients together (place the chicken in the dish first.I truly believe doing this and adding everything right on top of it is what gave me such a nice crispy exterior).
- This is the fun part, where you really get your hands dirty. Mix everything together, making sure the honey is well dissolved.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes, brushing the chicken with the honey mixture about every 10 minutes.
- Cook until done and enjoy!