Recipe by Margaret Martin
This is a relatively quick and easy meal. I like how the different flavors combine at the end for a surprising taste.
- 4 1⁄2 cups freshly cut broccoli
- 7 ounces green olives
- 4 ounces pine nuts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 ounces sardines
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- begin steaming broccoli.
- begin cooking pasta.
- in a large frying pan, add oil and heat over medium heat.
- add onions and garlic, and fry until translucent.
- add sardines.
- add olives, wait a few minutes.
- add pine nuts.
- add around a half a cup of liquid from the broccoli.
- let cook on medium low heat until the pasta is ready.
- right before draining the pasta, add the steamed broccoli to the onion fish mix and stir well.
- drain the pasta, re-add to pan, and mix with sauce.
- serve with olive oil (for drizzling over the sauce) and parmesan.