Top Review by Dib's
Another 5 star "star recipe". I did use a vegetable cube due to a vegetarian daughter, and threw in a few more mushrooms-we had this for the gravy portion of "fries and Gravy" for Canada Day. This would be excellent for a baked or twice baked potato topping.
- 1⁄2 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 low-sodium bouillon cube
- 10 fluid ounces hot water
- 2 tablespoons cornflour or 2 tablespoons bisto, blended with a little cold water
- salt and black pepper, to season
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the onion and mushrooms and fry gently until they are very well browned.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the hot water and add to the saucepan.
- Add the blended cornflour or Bisto and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth.