Prep 50 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from Pan American's Complete Round the World Cookbook. Serve as a side dish for meat.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cider
- Combine apples, sugar and water in a saucpan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add onions.
- Saute for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add potatoes, salt, cider and apple mixture, including any liquid.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until very soft.
- Serve hot.