Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are truly fun to make and fun for kids to eat and it is a good cake recipe that starts with a cake mix. They have brightly colored rainbow sprinkles inside and brightly colored dots on the frosting of your choice. I like Butter Cream Icing (Buttercream Frosting) by Marg (CaymanDesigns). For a patriotic holiday you could use red, white, and blue sprinkles, or for another holiday the color that represents it.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup candy sprinkles
- Mix all the ingredients (EXCEPT for the sprinkles) together in large bowl.
- Fold in sprinkles.
- Put cupcake papers in pan and lightly spray.
- Fill the papers 2/3 to 3/4 full and bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or till done.
- Let cool and frost and sprinkle with more sprinkles.
My ten year old and I made these. I followed the recipe exactly as written. Next time I think I would cut back on the butter a bit. It also didn't say in the directions how high to fill the cupcake papers so I filled them 3/4's of the way full and they poured out over the sides and all over my oven. Next time I would only fill about half way. Mine also took longer to cook. Mine took about 23 minutes to cook. They were fun to make and yummy.