Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I needed to make some Funfetti Cookies but all the recipes I could find started with a box cake mix, which I didn't have in the house. I used Drop Sugar Cookies as my starting point and went from there. I thought others might appreciate knowing how to make them from scratch as well, so I decided to post a separate recipe.
Top Review by Ryan B.
The first time I made his recipe the cookies turned out too solid and round. I made another batch and the results were much better. Instead of baking powder I used baking soda and I used light sprinkles instead of the big chunky ones. When they were done the shape and taste were perfect. I whipped up homemade cream cheese frosting and put it between two cookies kinda like a macaroon. They were delicious.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup multi-colored candy sprinkles
- extra sugar, for flattening cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together with a whisk the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Add flour mixture and beat until smooth. Blend in milk. Mix in sprinkles until evenly distributed.
- Drop by teaspoon about 3 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of glass that has been dipped in sugar.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on rack.