Recipe by Chalko
I have noticed that whenever several people are given this recipe and asked to bring it to a potluck they are completely separate dishes! This is my favorite recipe for these. Although I highly recommend going the long route and making your own potatoes. The frozen ones just don't taste as good.
Top Review by CulinaryQueen
PAC Fall 2007 - These were excellent! Very tasty indeed. I quartered the recipe as there is only two of us. Hubby went back for seconds and I was tucking in to the leftovers before I put them into the fridge! I did not cook the taters first, but just grated them into the baking dish as I thought they would have been a mushy mess. Also, 30 minutes is too long for boiling...20 minutes, tops. I ended up baking for 45 minutes to allow the potatoes to cook. Would definitely make again. Thanks Chalko!
- 12 large potatoes or 907.18 g bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 (609.51 g) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 473.18 ml crushed corn flakes
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and boil for 30 minutes, until just tender.
- Cool and grate into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Combine soup, sour cream, cheese, ½ cup melted butter and onion.
- Gently blend into the potatoes.
- Combine corn flakes and 2 tbsp melted butter. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.