Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is comfort food at its best. Of course, any type of potato is comfort food to me. I had made these last night, and we had company over, and one person told me to watch out who I told about these because I would be put in charge of making these for funerals, (and they were the best he has had). I was flattered. I hope you enjoy these!
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 32 ounces frozen hash browns
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Mix everything together, except for 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Put into a deep 9x13 baking dish, and then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 1-1 1/4 hours, making sure that the middle is cooked through.
I use fresh potatoes which I cook in the skin, peel and then grate, I also leave out the butter and use cream of chicken soup. An LDS family favourite - even here in Australia. Makes tons, great for large gatherings and potlucks I(and linger longer's) Elizabeth
YUMMY YUMMY. I love cheese and these were perfect. I ate them breakfast lunch and dinner for the next two days! I actually cooked mine in the crock pot and they turned out AWESOME. Thanks for posting!
I didnt have cream of mushroom soup but I had cream of chicken soup and it still was WAY YUMMY!!! thanks for posting this! two thumbs WAY up on this one!!!