Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An inexpensive grilled chicken that is easy to make and will have everyone wanting more. I learned this recipe when I was 16 years old at a church fundraiser.
- 1⁄4 cup Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄4 roasting chicken (leg and thigh)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1⁄4 cup pickle juice
- Rub chicken with seasoned salt.
- Add chopped onions.
- In a large container, marinate in lemon and pickle juice for an hour.
- Place on the grill (indirect heat) until done (usually two or three hours at 350 degrees.
- poke with a fork to see if juices are clear. If there is blood, return to the grill until clear.